THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE at MPH Distributors were kind and generous enough to give me FIVE books to be given away to readers of this blog.
Here are the titles:
1. Name to a Face (2007) / Robert Goddard Softcover
2. The Lollipop Shoes (2007) / Joanne Harris: One copy of Harris’s new novel. Softcover
3. Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman (2006) / Haruki Murakami: Murakami’s 2006 Frank O’Connor Short Story Award winner. Softcover
4. The Wit & Wisdom of Discworld (Harper, September 2007) / Terry Pratchett: A collection of favourite quotations from the famous Discworld Universe as filtered somewhat erratically through the mind of the distinguished scholar and scribe Terry Pratchett. Compiled by Stephen Briggs. Fans of Pratchett should find this worth collecting. Hardback
5. Everyman (2006) / Philip Roth: One copy of the Vintage paperback.
Here’s what you have to do:
Answer three simple questions on contemporary fiction, and if you’re one of the FIRST FIVE to get them all right, the book is yours. (Just tell me which book you prefer.) Each person is allowed only one entry. Oh, yes, the contest is limited to those I can pass the books to by hand. So tell me where you are writing from. Happy Googling!
1. Name the latest British actress to play the role of Miss Jane Marple, Agatha Christie’s rose-pruning spinster sleuth of St. Mary Mead, in a recent television adaptation.
2. The sequel to Ken Follett’s 1989 epic, Pillars of the Earth. Another doorstopper of a novel found at MPH Bookstores.
3. Name the protagonist of Philip Roth’s Exit Ghost.
Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Results will be announced on Thursday, October 18, 2007
All books courtesy of MPH Distributors