Wednesday, January 04, 2006

LITERARY RESOLUTION

MY NEW YEAR resolution for 2006 is to be more cautious in choosing the kind of books I buy, read and keep. Yes, to think properly before I make a purchase. Most of the time I end up disappointed with my purchases. Quality should always override quantity in all aspects: characterisation, storyline, narrative style, etc. I intend to read more critical literary magazines to make better book-buying decisions. And I also intend to read more quality nonfiction as well, especially memoirs and history.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And as regards non-fiction, there are beautiful art biographies around too, Eric. Nicely combined with the the study of literature and its authors spanning through the flight of centuries...that should make for a heady feast!
susan abraham

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, Eric. I meant, spanning the flight of centuries and not spanning through the flight...

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home